Barcelona confirm Arthur move from Gremio
Gremio had hoped to hold on to Arthur until the end of the year, but the midfielder has completed his long-awaited move to Barcelona.
FC Barcelona have announced the €40 million (€31 million with €9 million in variables) signing of Arthur with the Gremio midfielder agreeing an immediate move to Camp Nou on a six-year deal.
The Brazilian will travel to the Catalan capital on Tuesday and is set to be unveiled to the media at a ceremony on Thursday.
The player will join up with the first team squad under the guidance of Ernesto Valverde on Friday. With the deal Barça swap the explosiveness and strength of Paulinho for a player with a focus more on passing and vision.
Arthur's arrival at Barcelona sees him occupy the third non EU player quota with Yerry Mina and Coutinho the other two.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up