Klopp plays down Loris Karius' latest clanger
Jurgen Klopp defended Loris Karius after another mistake from the goalkeeper in his second appearance for Liverpool this pre-season.
Jürgen Klopp talked down another error from Loris Karius after Liverpool's 3-2 friendly win over Tranmere Rovers, but accepts his goalkeeper will be scrutinised ahead of the new season. The German goalkeeper replaced Danny Ward at half-time after the Reds raced into a three-goal lead with strikes from Adam Lallana, and youngsters Rafael Camacho and Sheyi Ojo.
Mistakes happen, says Klopp
The 25-year-old was making his second appearance for Liverpool since his high-profile errors against Real Madrid in May's Champions League final, but Klopp defended his goalkeeper after he spilled a free-kick and Rovers scored from the loose ball.
"It [criticism] will probably happen for a while until he has a few fantastic games, that is how the situation is," he said. "We cannot change that. Our job is to perform and you do what you do and that is part of the deal. Loris concedes that goal, but we cannot start a story always after each mistake. Mistakes will happen; I don't like it, he doesn't like it, but it will happen, so let's carry on and make the best of all these situations by learning from them."
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22