Huesca sign Ruben Semedo on loan after release from jail
The Villarreal central defender was released from jail recently and will play with newly-promoted Huesca in LaLiga next season.
Huesca have signed Ruben Semedo on loan from Villarreal for the season after the central defender was released from prison recently.
The central defender was arrested earlier in the year after threatening a bouncer with a firearm. The accusations against Semedo, however, got worse. He was accused of attempted murder, illegal possession of a firearm and robbery after being arrested twice in the space of a month before being arrested a third time as the accusations against the Portuguese defender mounted.
He was suspended by Villarreal without pay during the second half of the season but wouldn't have been able to play anyway as he remained in jail for over 140 days.
The 24-year-old was born in Amadora, Portugal, and made eight appearances for his national side's under-21s before an excellent season with Sporting Club de Portugal prompted Villarreal to make a move last summer.
In the newly-promoted side's official announcement, they state he is known for his "aerial ability, velocity and agility" but do not mention his previous scrapes with the law.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds