Galatasary and Valencia fans brawl in pre-season friendly
At half time of the pre-season friendly a fight kicked off in the stands of the St Leonard stadium in Friburg, Switzerland.
The pre-season friendly match between Turkish champions Galatasaray and Valencia was marred by a group of their fans who broke into fighting during the half-time interval.
Fan half-time brawl
The melee between the Super Lig fans and those of the Spanish side kicked off without much warning. Ruben Vezo had opened the scoring for the Liga side, who will return to the Champions League this coming season, just before the break at the St Leonard stadium in Friburg, Switzerland.
Security at the game were quick to intervene to avoid the situation escalating and a member of the Valencia group was asked to leave the stands, after which peace was restored.
In the stadium there were approximately 2,000 Galatasary supporters, while only around 10 for Valencia. But it was the minority who were celebrating at the end as their team ran out 2-1 winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August