Galatasary and Valencia fans brawl in pre-season friendly
At half time of the pre-season friendly a fight kicked off in the stands of the St Leonard stadium in Friburg, Switzerland.
The pre-season friendly match between Turkish champions Galatasaray and Valencia was marred by a group of their fans who broke into fighting during the half-time interval.
Fan half-time brawl
The melee between the Super Lig fans and those of the Spanish side kicked off without much warning. Ruben Vezo had opened the scoring for the Liga side, who will return to the Champions League this coming season, just before the break at the St Leonard stadium in Friburg, Switzerland.
Security at the game were quick to intervene to avoid the situation escalating and a member of the Valencia group was asked to leave the stands, after which peace was restored.
In the stadium there were approximately 2,000 Galatasary supporters, while only around 10 for Valencia. But it was the minority who were celebrating at the end as their team ran out 2-1 winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan