Willian's agents are in Barcelona
Chelsea's Brazilian star features on the front cover of Catalan sports daily Sport today. Mundo Deportivo deny Sport's version but claim contact has been made.
Willian has appeared on the front covers of the Catalan sports press a few times over the past days. According to today's edition of Sport, the Chelsea player's agents are already in Barcelona to begin negotiations with the Blaugranas. Willian's professional affairs are handled by Giuliano Bertolucci but the men behind his transfer are Kia Joorabchian and Pini Zahavi, and they are the ones who hold the key to opening talks with Chelsea.
Barcelona not prepared to spend big on Willian
The Daily Mail report that Barcelona's most recent offer for Willian was 72 million euros but that is not how Mundo Deportivo view the situation. They claim that Barça are keen on the winger but would not be prepared to fork out such a significant investment on a player who turns 30 in just over a fortnight's time. MD also note that Willian's arrival could hamper Dembélé's development and report that the only contact Barcelona have had with the player's representatives has been by phone. Willian (and Rabiot) both feature, as alternatives to Dembélé and Busquets, in a theorectical draft of Valverde's starting XI for the new season.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes