Barcelona are believed to be close to signing Bordeaux's Malcom, just a day after the Brazilian had seemingly been on the verge of joining Roma.
Malcom expected to arrive in Barcelona today
According to the radio station RAC1, the LaLiga giants have all but agreed personal terms with the representatives of the Brazilian winger, who is expected in the Catalan capital today, and are set to pay a fee of just over 40m euros.
Bordeaux star had been on verge of sealing Roma switch
Malcom had been due to fly to Italy yesterday to clinch a 36m-euro transfer to Roma, who had announced a deal with Bordeaux earlier in the day. Indeed, fans of the Serie A club had already gathered at Ciampino Airport to await his arrival.
Malcom's head turned by Barcelona interest
However, Barcelona are understood to have stepped in with an 11th-hour bid for the 21-year-old - and, in the wake of the Blaugrana's late move, the player's heart is now said to be set on going to the Camp Nou
Malcom, a left-footer who tends to operate on the right flank, has been one of the sensations of Ligue 1 in recent seasons, scoring 23 goals in 93 appearances for Bordeaux. He is now expected to join Barça's pre-season US tour of the United States, which begins today, in the coming days.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?