Vinicius registered to play with Real Madrid's under 19 side
Vinicius' age allows him to be registered with the youth side without taking up a spot in Castilla's squad or the first team but allows him to play with all three.
Vinicius was presented as a Real Madrid player last week and he said he was keen to stay at the club this season and fight for whatever game time he could get. The plan for the Brazilian remains unclear but it seems like he will remain on the club's books for this season and possibly in the first team. On Friday, however, he was registered to play with Real Madrid's Juvenil A - under 19s -side with the Madrid's football federations, a team managed by Dani Poyatos.
The situation means Vinicius, who cost €45 million from Flamengo, can play with the youth team and the first team, or Real Madrid Castilla. His age, 18, means the club can sign him up at youth level and it means he does not take up a spot in the squad at Castilla or in the first team.
Surprisingly, he doesn't appear on the RM website as a member of the first-team squad, or of the Under-19s squad either. However, this doesn't seem to be a decisive factor as on the Madrid Football Federation website, names as surprising as Martin Odegaard, RdT, Valverde and Luca Zidane are listed as being registered as Castilla players.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers