Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo goals hard to replace - Kroos
The departure of top marksman Cristiano Ronaldo will be tough for Real Madrid, says Los Blancos' German midfielder Toni Kroos.
Toni Kroos has acknowledged that Real Madrid will struggle to replace Cristiano Ronaldo's goals after his move to Juventus.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner sealed a sensational 117-million-euro switch to the Serie A champions in the off-season, leaving Madrid after lifting three consecutive Champions League titles.
CR7 goals tough to replace, but "we will be hard to beat again"
And while midfielder Kroos is confident Madrid will be able to adapt, he admits that Ronaldo's goals will particularly be missed.
"His 50 goals a season are not easy to replace," Kroos told Kicker. "Cristiano has been an important building block in our team over the past few years and a decisive factor in our success.
"But we will be hard to beat again this year."
Real Madrid haven't signed big-name Cristiano replacement
Ronaldo netted 44 times in as many appearances across all competitions last season and has been the Champions League's top goalscorer in six consecutive campaigns.
Madrid are yet to bring in a big-name replacement for the Portuguese, although teenage recruit Vinicius has starred in pre-season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother