Ronaldo allays illness fears
After reports the Brazil football icon was suffering from pneumonia, Ronaldo has confirmed he is on the mend.
Ronaldo is set to be discharged from hospital after suffering from a bout of "strong flu" while on holiday.
Reports had indicated the Brazilian football icon had been diagnosed with pneumonia while in Ibiza.
Amigos, tuve un cuadro de fuerte gripe en Ibiza y tuve que ser internado el viernes pero ya está todo en orden. Mañana recibo el alta y vuelvo a casa. ¡Gracias a todos/as por vuestro cariño y vuestros mensajes!— Ronaldo Nazário (@Ronaldo) 12 August 2018
But the 41-year-old, a two-time Ballon d'Or winner during his glittering playing career, calmed fears over his health with a social media post on Sunday, revealing he has been given the all-clear by doctors.
"Friends, I had a bout of strong flu in Ibiza and I had to be hospitalised on Friday but everything is in order now," Ronaldo wrote on Twitter. Tomorrow [Monday], I will receive the all-clear and return home. Thank you to everyone for your affection and your messages!"
Ronaldo won the World Cup twice with Brazil, scoring both goals in the 2002 final defeat of Germany in Yokohama.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series