Manchester City offload defender Denayer to Lyon
Belgian Jason Denayer never played a competitive game for Manchester City and was sent on loan to Celtic, Sunderland and Galatasaray.
Lyon have signed defender Jason Denayer from Manchester City for a fee that could rise to 13.5 million euros.
Belgium cap joins Ligue 1 outfit for initial 10-million-euro fee
Denayer, who never played a competitive game for City, has agreed a four-year contract with the Ligue 1 club in a deal that will net the Premier League champions an initial 10 million euros, with a further 3.5 million possible in incentives.
The 23-year-old spent a series of loan spells away from the Etihad Stadium with Celtic, Sunderland and Galatasaray and was under contract at City until 2020.
He has also been capped on eight occasions by Belgium but has not featured for his country since Euro 2016.
📝 Jason Denayer s’engage pour 4 ans ! https://t.co/3wLfMLvPHw— Olympique Lyonnais (@OL) 21 August 2018
Denayer has all the qualities Lyon want, says club's recruitment chief
"Jason is a player we have been following for three seasons now," Lyon's head of recruitment Florian Maurice said on his club's website.
"He has all the characteristics sought by [manager] Bruno [Genesio] - versatility because he is able to play all the positions in defence, intelligence of play, placement, speed and power in the duels."
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops