Mariano poised for Lyon-Sevilla switch
The formar Real Madrid player is close to a LaLiga return with negotiations between both clubs at an advanced stage.
Sevilla are close to securing the services of Lyon striker Mariano with the closure of the summer transfer looming closer. Club directors feel that the former Real Madrid player is the key piece missing and that his acquisition that will make the Andalusian side a force to be reckoned with for the forthcoming season and are set to pay a club record of 40 million euro for his signature.
French media claim the move is close to completion with the 25-year-old poised to join Portuguese forward André Silva in bolstering Sevilla's attacking options. Despite initial resistance from Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas an increased bid from the LaLiga side of 40 million euro may be enough to convince the Ligue 1 side to let the forward to return to the Spanish league,
Despite a positive start to the 2018/19 LaLiga campaign with a 1-4 away win against Rayo Vallecano, Pablo Machin's side struggled to break down Sigma Olomouc mid week in the Europa League forging out a slender 0-1 win and were last night held to a goalless draw at the Sanchez Pizjuan where they were unable to find a way past a robust Villarreal side having to settle for a 0-0 draw.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant