Whyte favourite for Joshua's Wembley fight - Hearn
Anthony Joshua could face fellow Brit Dillian Whyte in his first fight of 2019, over three years after knocking him out at the O2 Arena.
Eddie Hearn says Dillian Whyte is Anthony Joshua's most likely opponent at Wembley next April as a fight with Deontay Wilder "looks impossible".
Joshua will put his WBA Super, IBF, WBO and IBO belts on the line against Alexander Povetkin on September 22.
The Brit has signed a two-fight Wembley deal and a unification bout with WBC champion Wilder - who is set to come up against Tyson Fury in November or December - does not appear to be on the cards after he has faced Povetkin.
Hearn, Joshua's promoter, said a rematch with compatriot Whyte - who beat Joseph Parker on points last month - is a strong possibility.
Joshua-Wilder bout "looks impossible"
"As it goes right now, he's [Whyte] the favourite, because Wilder won't communicate with us, or his team," Hearn said.
"At the moment, that [Wilder] fight looks impossible, because how can we get it made, if they won't reply?"
Hearn says another battle with Dereck Chisora could be next for Whyte, although Dominic Breazeale and Jarrell Miller are also possibilities.
"Out of the three, it's the fight the British public want," he added.
"I think Chisora has earned the rematch, to be honest. He looked finished against [Agit] Kabayel and then he produced that performance against [Carlos] Takam from the gods. How can you deny him the opportunity of a rematch?"
Recommended in English
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- SOCCER Copa Libertadores Final Flamengo vs. Palmeiras: preview, times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SOCCER 2022 World Cup inter-confederation play-off draw: fixtures and format
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?
- BARCELONA Xavi wants Ousmane Dembélé to stay at Barcelona