Ronaldo to become leading shareholder in LaLiga club
The former Real Madrid and Barça striker has invested 30 million euro but current owner Carlos Suárez is set to remain as executive president.
Cadena Ser's late night El Larguero show reports that Ronaldo Nazario is poised to become the maximum shareholder in newly promoted LaLiga side Real Valladolid. The deal is expected to be officially confirmed in the next two to three weeks with the former Brazilian international buying club shares to the tune of 30 million euro.
The arrival of the current Real Madrid club ambassador's money into the club accounts will wipe out the existing debt which totalled 25 million euro.
El Larguero reported that Ronaldo is set to be club president but the current incumbent Carlos Suárez will be given the role of executive president and will oversee the club's affairs on a day to day basis.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys