Gareth Bale's stats stack up with nine goals in nine games
Gareth Bale is Real Madrid's new talisman and he is scoring with less shots than ever during his Real Madrid career and beating Ronaldo's shot to goal ratio.
Gareth Bale has scored nine goals in his last nine games for Real Madrid. The Welshman has become the club's talisman and has scored those nine goals with just 23 shots at goal. Every 2.5 shots, he has beaten the goalkeeper and that average of a goal a game is close to the Portuguese 1.02 per games during his time at the club.
He knows he is the main man too and his effectiveness reflects his rise. He has cut his previous rate of a goal every 5.4 shots since arriving at Real Madrid in 2013 in half.
In those nine games, which include a double in the Champions League final, he is hitting a goal at a much better rate than recently-departed Ronaldo. He needed a goal every 4.7 shots to Bale's 2.5.
"He trains with the happiness of a youth player," said Lopetegui before the European Super Cup as Bale seems to have taken to the role as the team's leader in his stride. Bale has brushed off injury concerns too. After injuring himself on September 23rd against Dortmund last year, he returned in December for the Club World Cup and hasn't been injured since.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win