Mariano in Real Madrid squad for possible LaLiga debut vs Leganés
Left out of the matchday squad again is Vinicius, while the new number seven hopes to get some Santiago Bernabéu pitch time after his year in Lyon.
The Spanish-Dominican striker Mariano Diaz is the big news in Julen Lopetegui's matchday 3 squad. Real Madrid host Leganés in the Saturday evening LaLiga match at the Santiago Bernabéu, kicking off at 20:45 CEST.
Mariano debut on the cards
On Wednesday evening it was announced that Mariano would be returning to the capital club after leaving just a year earlier for Lyon. Friday morning saw his presentation in front of fans and the media. Not long after he was named in the squad. The 25-year old will now be hoping to get some time alongside his teammates on the pitch.
Vinicius remains with Castilla
Another new recruit this summer, Vinicius, will continue for the second week in a row out of the first team squad. Instead he will play again for Castilla as Lopetegui looks to help his develop in the lower ranks. Along with the Brazilian, Jesús Vallejo is absent, through injury, and Álvaro Odriozola, Reguilón and Uruguayan Fede Valverde left out by the coach.
Real Madrid squad:
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla, Courtois.
Defenders: Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Marcos Llorente, Asensio, Isco, Ceballos.
Forwards: Mariano, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?