Courtois: "Keylor wished me luck; we get on well"
The new Real Madrid keeper also discussed his LaLiga debut: "When you come in late it can be difficult to get going, but I feel great. Wearing the Madrid shirt was incredible".
Real Madrid's summer signing Thibaut Courtois discussed his new side's win against Leganés on Saturday evening, and his LaLiga debut.
Real Madrid debut: "The first thing is settling into a new team. Training has gone well, but matches are a different story. When you come in late it can be difficult to get going, but I feel good".
Lopetegui's decision: "The gaffer told me yesterday, and I was obviously really happy".
Keylor: "He wished me luck; we get on well. Sometimes people look for controversy, but we're both competing, and that's for the good of the team; Kiko Casilla is also competing. There are three keepers".
Carrillo's goal: "These things don't affect me. It was a well-taken penalty. But I saved every other shot and feel comfortable with the ball at my feet".
Interview with RMTV
Nerves: "I'm really happy, and also happy with the win, which is the most important thing. Training is one thing, but walking out in the Bernabéu, with the atmosphere, the fans... I'm really happy".
Childhood dream: "I've waited for this for a long time; to play in the best club in the world. When I was a child my idol was Iker, and when I was at Atleti playing in the Bernabéu was special because of the atmosphere, the warmth of the fans... But wearing the Madrid shirt was incredible".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash