Rodríguez says Madrid deal could close soon: "In the coming days, it will be sorted"
The defender is nicknamed 'The Puma' and will sign for Real Madrid Castilla in the coming days provided his agent agrees terms with the Spanish club.
Real Madrid continue to search the globe for the next football superstar. They have signed Vinicius and Rodrygo from Brazil, and have recently been keeping an eye on Pedro Guilherme from Fluminese. And now, they are tracking 21-year-old José Luis Rodríguez from Uruguay and Danubio, who admitted in an interview with Sport 890 that the club are interested in him.
"The other day we were speaking before the end of the transfer market and there was the chance that I could go. I have two offers," he says. "My representative is dealing with that but in the coming days he'll travel and it will be sorted out.
Rodríguez, a central defender, is excited by the interest shown and is just waiting for his representative to finalise the deal. "It has cost me a few days of sleep and waiting to see what is decided," he says. "One of the best teams looking for you is no small thing. When I heard about it, I couldn't believe it."
Nicknamed 'The Puma', he would team up with Fede Valverde who he played alongside at underage level for their national team. "I hope that we can meet. We were speaking about the possibility to be there and in Spain I have many friends who played in the national team," he said.
In principle, he will sign with Real Madrid Castilla but he spoke about the chance of returning to Danubio on loan for a year.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes