Lyon and Marseille rejected Real Madrid target Pedro
According to France Football the Fluminense striker was hawked around Ligue 1 in the summer with Bordeaux also passing on the "too expensive" 21-year-old.
Real Madrid have been linked with a move for Fluminense striker Pedro Guilherme, the 21-year-old having been in fine form for the Brazilian club this season with 12 goals in 23 games.
Pedro’s rapid ascent was capped by a first international call-up for the latest Canarinha squad, although he was subsequently forced to withdraw with a knee injury.
Madrid are not the only side keeping a close eye on the striker, with Sevilla, Roma and AC Milan all among his suitors.
Pedro fails to excite Lyon, Marseille
However, France Football has revealed that Pedro was hawked around Ligue 1 during the summer and met with a cool response from some of the division’s big-hitters. Both Lyon and Marseille flatly turned down the chance to sign the striker, the former preferring to invest in Moussa Dembélé and the latter citing his lack of European experience.
Bordeaux were interested in Pedro but baulked at his 50-million-euro release clause. Les Girondins did lodge a bid of 8.5 million, and later returned with another of 12 million, but were unwilling to go any higher.
Fluminense are reportedly willing to accept a bid in the region of 20 million euros for Pedro, but as yet no club has come in with an offer in that region other than Monterrey. However, Pedro turned down a move to the Mexican side.
Campeonato Brasileño Serie A
*Update 11 de septiembre de 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2