Marcelo to pay €753,000 fine to settle tax fraud case
The Real Madrid and Brazil defender has agreed to a hefty fine to settle a tax investigation stemming from his image rights, it has been reported.
Marcelo will pay a fine of €753,624 to settle a tax fraud case after an agreement was reached with the Provincial Prosecutor's Office in Madrid.
Last October, the Real Madrid full-back was accused of evading payment to the Spanish treasury in relation to his image rights.
However, Spanish news agency EFE reported on Tuesday that a settlement has been reached and Marcelo has gone to court in Madrid to ratify the agreement.
Marcelo is the latest in a line of high-profile figures in Spanish football to be punished in relation to tax affairs, with former Real Madrid team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi among those to have reached settlements with prosecutors.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series