Chievo docked three points for false accounts
Chievo president Luca Campedelli has been handed a three-month ban by the FIGC, while his club have been hit with a three-point penalty.
Serie A club Chievo have been docked three points and fined €200,000 by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) after being found guilty of false accounting.
The charges were made against Chievo president Luca Campedelli and several of his directors for deliberately inflating figures in relation to transfer dealings with Cesena.
Campedelli has been handed a three-month ban, although the FIGC prosecutor had requested a three-year suspension and 15-point deduction for Chievo.
The penalty means the Flying Donkeys sit on minus-two points in Serie A, having taken one from their opening three games this season.
Lorenzo D'Anna's side travel to Roma on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card