Gattuso urges Higuain to be less predictable with his movement
The Argentinean scored the decisive goal against Dudelange on Thursday, but his coach still opted to highlight an area he desires an improvement.
Gennaro Gattuso has advised Gonzalo Higuaín to be less predictable with his movements despite scoring the winner in AC Milan's unconvincing 1-0 win over Dudelange in the Europa League.
Milan were a major disappointment on Thursday and only scraped victory against the side from Luxembourg, who actually posed the visitors a few problems in the first half.
Gattuso's men were also somewhat lucky to take all three points, as Higuain's winner - a shot from the edge of the box - took a hefty deflection off a defender.
Although he proved decisive, Gattuso still felt it was necessary to give Higuain some advice about his positioning in the penalty area.
"We're all happy when we win, not just Gonzalo," Gattuso told Sky Sport Italia. "Today he did well.
"He could also have scored more goals, but it's important for us to get and bring many men into the area.
"Lately he tends to peel away towards the penalty spot, but I would also like him to go to front and back posts.
"With Napoli he did that. He must change a bit, otherwise the other teams will notice him."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats