Evra: "Piqué burned my trainers, so I took a shit in his shoes"
The former Manchester United player told an anecdote about the practical joking afoot at Old Trafford when he coincided with the Barcelona defender.
Gerard Piqué and Patrice Evra were teammates at Manchester United between 2006 and 2008 and the former France defender has revealed that the pair enjoyed a few practical jokes during their time together in the Old Trafford dressing room.
Piqué once explained how he had treated a particularly beloved pair of Evra’s footwear: “One day Patrice turned up with some boots that he had been asking Nike to make for him for months. He had the names of his kids written on them and a few other details. I went to the showers, made a little bonfire and burned them.”
Evra: "It wasn't funny"
Evra, a noted practical joker, did not see the funny side and responded in kind. Speaking on Sky Sports’ programme "A League Of Their Own," Evra explained exactly how he exacted revenge on Piqué: “They burned my trainers. It wasn’t funny and actually it was Gerard Piqué. So what I did to him, I take his shoes and I go in the toilet and I shit inside of them.”
Unsurprisingly, Piqué has never related the second half of the story, but after more than a decade Evra has seen the funny side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother