Marcelo injury: out for Real Madrid - Atlético game
The Real Madrid left-back came off injured against Sevilla in the 3-0 defeat on Wednesday night.
Real Madrid’s Marcelo has a muscle strain in his right calf and is out for the derby against Atlético Madrid on Saturday, Real Madrid’s website has confirmed. The Brazilian left-back could be out for three games.
Marcelo went off injured against Sevilla
Marcelo pulled up with the injury in the 71st minute of Real Madrid’s LaLiga defeat to Sevilla on Wednesday. The player attended the Hospital La Moraleja this morning (Friday) to undergo tests, which have confirmed the injury.
Real Madrid have not specified how long the player could be out for with the injury, however medical sources consulted by this newspaper have confirmed that he should be back to full fitness after the international break, meaning he’ll miss the next three games: the derby on Saturday, the Champions League match against CSKA Moscow and the game against Alavés next Saturday 6 October.
Marcelo back for Levante match
Nacho will likely stand in for Marcelo, and provided his recovery goes well Lopetegui will have Marcelo back for the Real Madrid - Levante game on 20 October, a week before the Clásico in the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness