Courtois: "I'm not bad with the ball at my feet"
Thibaut Courtois has been criticised for his inability to play with the ball at his feet and while he accepts he's not the best, he says he's not the worst either.
Thibaut Courtois was one of the protagonists on Saturday night against Atlético Madrid at the Bernabeu. Thanks to the Belgian, and Jan Oblak in goals for Atlético, the game finished goalless in a tale of two keepers. It was Courtois' best performance in a Real Madrid shirt and he has spoken to Belgofut about his feelings after the game.
"I'm not bad with my feet," he said as many have suggested about him. "Maybe I'm not amongst the best but I'm not bad either. I dare to play with my feet and the last ball in which Kalinic put pressure on, I gave it to Varane with my right (he is left-footed). Many keepers would have cleared that ball. Sometimes, I give a bad pass but I know that more goalkeeper, who they say are phenomenal with their feet, commit more errors than me."
Courtois moved fro Chelsea to Real Madrid after he spent three season on loan at Atlético Madrid. He says, "it is still special, they are friends. I will always have good memories of Atlético."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash