Police arrest 27 Real Madrid ultras armed with knuckle dusters and sticks before the derby
Plain-clothes officers caught 30 hooligans by surprise close to the Bernabéu. A pitched battle between Real Madrid and Atlético ultras had been organized.
Madrid Police surprised a group of Real Madrid ultras armed to the teeth with knuckle dusters and batons on Friday night just hours before the capital was to celebrate the derby, a police spokesman informed Europa Press. Plain-clothes officers swooped on a group of around 30 men who has been acting suspiciously in a bar in Calle Marceliano Santa María close to the Santiago Bernabéu stadium. When they spotted the undercover police, the men threw eight sticks and other home-made weapons to the floor. The ultras had intended to stage a pitched battle with their Atlético rivals, ABC reported. In total, police identified 27 ultras, some of whom were also found in possession of knuckle dusters and other improvised arms.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool