Injured Alaba to miss Austria double-header
Bayern Munich will have David Alaba back for their next Bundesliga fixture, but a hamstring issue will keep him out of action for Austria.
David Alaba will miss Austria's fixtures against Northern Ireland and Denmark after injuring his hamstring while playing for Bayern Munich. The defender hobbled out of Bayern's shock 3-0 home defeat to Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday and the club have now confirmed he will not be available for the UEFA Nations League clash with Northern Ireland or the friendly against Denmark.
An update on Bayern's official website confirmed that he suffered a minor hamstring strain. However, Alaba is set to return for their next Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg on 20 October as Bayern seek a response to their current poor run.
Alaba had been named in the Austria squad for the upcoming two matches, where Austria will themselves hope to bounce back from their opening Nations League defeat to Bosnia-Herzegovina.
David Alaba wird dem Nationalteam für die kommenden beiden Spiele gegen Nordirland und Dänemark nicht zur Verfügung stehen. Der 26-Jährige hat am Samstag im Spiel gegen Borussia Mönchengladbach einen kleinen Muskelfaserriss im rechten hinteren Oberschenkel erlitten. #oefb pic.twitter.com/fXZ13yhj7O— ÖFB - oefb.at (@oefb1904) October 7, 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness