"I had trials at Real Madrid at 11 and they rejected me"
The captain of Levante says he is motivated to play at the Bernabeu even though he didn't get picked after trials with the club when he was 11 years old.
The captain of Levante, José Luis Morales, spoke to El Transistor ahead of their trip to the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday afternoon. He explained what it means to play against Los Blancos and how they rejected him when he was a kid.
"I had trials with Real Madrid at 10 or 11 years of age but they didn't pick me," he said. "I didn't give it too much importance because I knew it was very difficult and it wasn't a goal of mine."
"I am not Messi or Cristiano who can't leave their homes," he said. "But when they do recognise me, they ask me for a photo."
He said "stepping out onto the turf at the Bernabeu gives you an incredible shiver, it's the stuff made of dreams and adds even more motivation, they are beautiful feelings."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift