Real Madrid: Vinicius gets one-match ban, out of Clásico
The Real Madrid starlet will not be a part of Los Blancos' LaLiga trip to face Barcelona after being sent off for Castilla at the weekend.
Vinicius has been handed a one-match ban for his red card in Castilla's 1-1 Segunda División B draw with Celta Vigo B at the weekend, and will be unavailable for Real Madrid's Clásico clash with Barcelona on Sunday.
The 18-year-old Brazilian, who had scored a stunning equaliser for Los Blancos' 'B' team moments earlier, was dismissed in Galicia after picking up a second yellow card for what referee José Luis González González deemed to be a dive.
Real Madrid appeal against second yellow fails
The Spanish Football Federation's (RFEF) Competitions Committee has imposed the punishment despite Real lodging an appeal against the second booking, and - according to Iusport - branding González González's interpretation of the incident as simulation as a "clear error". The next avenue open to the European champions would be to take their challenge to the RFEF's Appeals Committee.
RFEF rules mean ban applies to first team too
Vinicius' ban also applies to the senior side as RFEF rules state that a player eligible for more than one club team cannot appear at any level of the league pyramid throughout the duration of their suspension.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series