Real Madrid defence to the rescue during goalscoring crisis
Lopetegui's defence are chipping in with the greatest number of goals out of all 20 LaLiga team and they have scored 30.8% of the team's goals.
In the middle of the crisis that Real Madrid have found themsevles in, it is the defenders who are filling out the team's overall goalscoring numbers. According to information from ProFootballDB, Real Madrid's defenders have scored 30.8% of their goals - enough to see them top of the league in terms of defensive contribution on the scoreboard. Ramos has scored two, both penalties, while Carvajal scored against Getafe and Marcelo in the last game against Levante. Marcelo and Ramos have also scored in Europe.
Real Madrid are performing well in front of goals in the league in general but compred to the top two teams, they re struggling. With 13 goals, the same as Espanyol and Levante, los Blancos are the third top scorers in the league but far from Barcelona with 22 and Sevilla with 20.
Their attack, however, is in a bad place. The goalscoring performance of the midfilders and attackers has been reduced to nine goals, which puts them behind seven teams and matched by four others. Karim Benzema with four goals and Gareth Bale with three but neither of them have scored since September 1st. Asensio and Isco have scored a goal apiece.
Aportación goleadora de las defensas de LaLiga Santander
|Equipo||Goles defensas||Total goles equipo|
Fuente: ProFootballDB y elaboración propia.
Goleadores del Real Madrid en Liga
|Jugador||Goles en Liga|
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash