Luis Suárez Clásico hat-trick
In the 82nd minute of Barcelona's LaLiga clash with bitter rivals Real Madrid, their Uruguayan striker dinked the ball over Courtois for his third.
With less than ten minutes remaining in the first Clásico of the 2018/19 LaLiga season, Barcelona striker Luis Suárez scored his third goal of the game. A hat-trick in this game is as valuable as it comes.
Suárez' Clásico hat-trick
Philippe Coutinho opened the scoring in the big game of the weekend after just 10 minutes. Then, on the 29th minute, a foul by Real Madrid defender Rafael Varane on Suárez gave the Uruguayan a chance to open up his account from the penalty spot. He duly did and went into the lesser-revered history books with the first Clásico VAR penalty scored.
A Marcelo strike for Los Blancos and a flurry of chances for the capital club looked to have given the game a bit of balance but a neat Suárez header restored the two-goal advantage. The 82nd minute saw another assist from Sergi Roberto, and his striker ran into acres of space behind the opposing defence before dinking a delicious effort over the onrushing Courtois.
Vidal added an even later goal to complete the rout.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby