Bayern: Müller's wife apologises over Kovac Instagram criticism
Lisa Müller, wife of Bayern Munich and Germany star Thomas, has apologised for an Instagram post criticising Niko Kovac.
Bayern Munich head coach Niko Kovac has accepted an apology from the wife of Thomas Müller after her social media criticism of the coach's treatment of the Germany star.
Had criticised Bayern boss for leaving husband out
Lisa Müller hit out at Kovac for leaving her husband on the bench for Saturday's 1-1 Bundesliga draw against Freiburg, in which the champions conceded a late equaliser.
When Kovac prepared to bring on the forward during the second half, Lisa Müller posted on Instagram: "More than 70 minutes until he finally has a brain wave."
Although Thomas Müller downplayed his partner's comments when he spoke to the media after the match, Bayern said on Sunday she visited Kovac to apologise.
"Kovac accepted her apology"
"Lisa Müller, the wife of Thomas Müller, went directly after the Bundesliga game against Freiburg in the Allianz Arena to coach Niko and apologised for her Instagram post during the substitution of Thomas Müller," Bayern's statement said. "Kovac accepted her apology."
Bayern are second in the league, four points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund.
Kovac's men are next in action at home to AEK Athens in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?