Eden Hazard: "I don't deserve the Ballon d'Or"
“I would have said Luka Modric, but between August and October he didn't play that well. So if you take the beginning of the season into account, I would say Kylian Mbappé", he told Belgian broadcaster RTBF.
Despite an impressive campaign for Chelsea and Belgium, Eden Hazard sees himself someway off the pace of claiming the Ballon d'Or this time around. The winner of this year's prestigious award, however, remains unclear following a ten-year period of domination split between Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi.
“I would have said Luka Modric, but between August and October he didn't play that well. So if you take the beginning of the season into account, I would say Kylian Mbappé,” the Chelsea forward told Belgian broadcaster RTBF.
In the interview Hazard was in no way dressing up his chances of being voted the best player on the plant: “I don’t deserve the Ballon d’Or. I think there are players who have been better than me. Even if I have played very well this year, I’m not getting carried away," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher