Alessio Romagnoli joins long AC Milan injury list
Reports in Italy have indicated Alessio Romagnoli could be out for a month with a calf injury confirmed by AC Milan.
AC Milan defender Alessio Romagnoli has joined the club's lengthy injury list after the Rossoneri confirmed their captain has a calf injury. Romagnoli sustained the injury during training on international duty on Friday and reports in Italy suggest he could be out for a month.
Milan said examinations conducted by the club's medical staff diagnosed Romagnoli with "a lesion of the myotendinous junction of the medial segment of the left calf". Romagnoli has been a key player in Milan's recent rise up the Serie A table, scoring late winners in consecutive matches against Genoa and Udinese.
Mounting injury problems for Gattuso
His injury is another blow to coach Gennaro Gattuso, who is already without a raft of players including Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura, Mattia Caldara and Mateo Musacchio. However, Ivan Strinic could soon be available after the Croatia defender was cleared to resume training following a heart problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash