Arsène Wenger, chief candidate to replace Kovac at Bayern Munich
The French coach is keen to return to football in 2019 and Bayern Munich are studying offering him the coaching post according to Bild.
Bayern Munich are considering replacements for under-fire coach Niko Kovac who faces the sack for the below-par season the Bavarians are having. The team sits fifth in the Bundeliga - nine points adrift of leaders Borussia Dortmund. According to Bild, the main candidate to replace Kovac is Arsène Wenger.
Wegner, fully rested and ready to return
After 22 years in charge at Arsenal, Wenger is taking a short break from the game but plans to return in the New Year. Fairly recently, he admitted that he was feeling refreshed and keen to get back into full-time employment from 1 January, although he hasn't clarified whether he fancies taking a new coaching position or working as a Sports Director.
Bayern Munich are seeking a coach with ample experience such as Wenger to get the team back on track and prevent the season from turning into a disaster. The Frenchman, who has never coached any of the current members of the Bayern squad during his career, has not responded to the claims, but in Germany, the speculation continues.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame