Heynckes: Kovac has a mountain of problems piling up
Jupp Heynckes' successor at Bayern Munich, Niko Kovac, is a man under pressure with the Bundesliga champions fifth in the table.
Niko Kovac has a "mountain of problems piling up" at Bayern Munich, according to his predecessor Jupp Heynckes.
Heynckes retired at the end of last season after a fourth stint in charge of the Bavarian giants, guiding them to a sixth successive Bundesliga crown.
Heynckes has sympathy for the 47-year-old Croatian and admits he has to contend with a difficult dressing room.
Kovac's problems are piling up at Bayern Munich
He told the Westdeutsche Zeitung: "He is a young coach and wants to conquer the world.
"But Niko Kovac does not have it easy in Munich. There are good guys there and there are divas, and then there are serious injuries to important players.
"There are a mountain of problems piling up."
Speculation in Germany suggests Kovac could be sacked this week, irrespective of how Bayern get on in Tuesday's Champions League tie with Benfica.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes