Heynckes: Kovac has a mountain of problems piling up
Jupp Heynckes' successor at Bayern Munich, Niko Kovac, is a man under pressure with the Bundesliga champions fifth in the table.
Niko Kovac has a "mountain of problems piling up" at Bayern Munich, according to his predecessor Jupp Heynckes.
Heynckes retired at the end of last season after a fourth stint in charge of the Bavarian giants, guiding them to a sixth successive Bundesliga crown.
Heynckes has sympathy for the 47-year-old Croatian and admits he has to contend with a difficult dressing room.
Kovac's problems are piling up at Bayern Munich
He told the Westdeutsche Zeitung: "He is a young coach and wants to conquer the world.
"But Niko Kovac does not have it easy in Munich. There are good guys there and there are divas, and then there are serious injuries to important players.
"There are a mountain of problems piling up."
Speculation in Germany suggests Kovac could be sacked this week, irrespective of how Bayern get on in Tuesday's Champions League tie with Benfica.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?