No win means Cristiano Ronaldo won't attend Ballon d'Or awards
According to Italian media, the Juventus player knows that he is not going to win the best player vote and only one of the podium three will be in Paris.
The winner of the 2018 Ballon d'Or will be Real Madrid's Luka Modric and because of this, Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo will not attend the ceremony. This is what Sky Italia reported on Friday.
Modric, Marta, Mbappé
According to the Italian network, Cristiano finished the vote in second place with Atlético Madrid's Antoine Griezmann coming in third. Out of the three, it would appear that only the Croatian will actually be at the glitzy awards in person.
The event takes place at the Grand Palais in Paris at 9:30pm CET. As well as the results for the men's vote, the women's award will be handed once again to Brazilian Marta, while the Kopa Trophy, for the best young player, will go to PSG's Kylian Mbappé.
If the Sky Italia sources are correct then there's no point tuning in, is there?
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement