No win means Cristiano Ronaldo won't attend Ballon d'Or awards
According to Italian media, the Juventus player knows that he is not going to win the best player vote and only one of the podium three will be in Paris.
The winner of the 2018 Ballon d'Or will be Real Madrid's Luka Modric and because of this, Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo will not attend the ceremony. This is what Sky Italia reported on Friday.
Modric, Marta, Mbappé
According to the Italian network, Cristiano finished the vote in second place with Atlético Madrid's Antoine Griezmann coming in third. Out of the three, it would appear that only the Croatian will actually be at the glitzy awards in person.
The event takes place at the Grand Palais in Paris at 9:30pm CET. As well as the results for the men's vote, the women's award will be handed once again to Brazilian Marta, while the Kopa Trophy, for the best young player, will go to PSG's Kylian Mbappé.
If the Sky Italia sources are correct then there's no point tuning in, is there?
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby