Mbappé: Hazard the best player I faced this year
Eden Hazard has enjoyed an impressive year and Kylian Mbappé does not think he played against anyone better than the Belgian.
France and Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé ranks Chelsea winger Eden Hazard as the best player he has faced in 2018.
Mbappé won the inaugural Kopa Trophy for the best under-21 player in the world on Monday, while he also finished fourth in the running for the Ballon d'Or after his exploits for PSG and World Cup-winners France.
It was at that tournament in Russia where Mbappé came up against Hazard, as France defeated Belgium 1-0 in the semi-finals.
"Impressive while still respecting the game"
Mbappé was particularly impressed with Hazard's sheer pace, while he also commended him for not playing with an ego, always appearing willing to pass the ball to a team-mate.
"He is the player I played against this year that impressed me the most," Mbappé told France Football.
"With Belgium, in the World Cup semi-finals, he had been impressive while still respecting the game. When he has to pass the ball because the game commands it, he does it without any qualms.
"There is no space he does not see"
"I was sometimes five metres away from him and I was amazed by his speed of execution, with the ball sticking all the time to his foot, constantly processing information with his head still up. There is no space he does not see."
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view