New Zealand tennis star Marina Erakovic shares her big news
Forget penning a simple letter. These days sports stars have social media to let their creativity run wild when sending messages to fans.
Stars of the sporting world often don't have long at the top level, possibly 10-15 years if they are lucky. And at some point or another they have to make the decision to step away. This is something that New Zealand's Marina Erakovic has had to do aged 30.
Bye, bye, bye...
After 13 years as a professional, Erakovic is hanging up the tennis racket, taking with her memories of 367 triumphs (as well as 250 losses) with a single WTA title (Memphis 2013). She also competed in doubles where she picked up six title and reached the top 25 in the world.
Social media allows messages to fans to be as creative as the star wants to be. Marina chose the beach for her final send off...
What a journey! Big thank you to my family, friends, fans and these super stars ⬇️⬇️⬇️ #SeedFoundation @FilaTennis @WilsonTennis @wilsontennisNZ @AirTahitiNuiNZ @MoonbarNZ @NuZestNZ @tourna_tennis @Bolle_Eyewear @KiaMotors_NZ @lufthansa— Marina Erakovic (@ErakovicMarina) 10 de diciembre de 2018
See you on the flip side! 🙋♀️ pic.twitter.com/5jMJYh6qFz
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?