Real Madrid's Vinicius left out of Brazil squad for U-20 tournament
With Madrid refusing to release Vinicius, the winger has been omitted from the Canarinha group for the South American U-20 Championship.
Real Madrid youngster Vinicius will, as expected, play no part in the upcoming South American U-20 Championship, after being left out of the Brazil squad named by Canarinha coach Carlos Amadeu on Thursday.
Real Madrid refuse to release Vinicius for U-20 event
Amadeu had revealed in November that Los Blancos were refusing to release the 18-year-old for the tournament, which is to be held in Chile from 17 January to 10 February 2019.
While Vinicius is the Brazilians' most high-profile absentee, he is not the only Europe-based starlet that Amadeu will be without: winger Paulinho (Bayer Leverkusen), midfielder Mauro Junior (PSV) and forward Matheus Cunha (RB Leipzig) will also be missing in Chile.
Madrid player-to-be Rodrygo among key names in squad
However, Santos forward Rodrygo Goes, who is due to join Madrid in summer 2019, is in the 23-man squad, which also features exciting prospects such as Cercle Brugge's Vitinho and Flamengo's Lincoln.
Colombia up first for Brazil U-20s
The players will meet up on 17 December at the Brazilian Football Confederation's (CBF) training base in Teresopolis, located around 100 kilometres outside of Rio de Janeiro, to begin their preparations for a campaign that gets underway against Colombia on 19 January.
They then go on to face Venezuela, hosts Chile, and Bolivia in the opening group phase and, if they finish in the top three, will progress to a six-team final stage also played in a round-robin format.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?