Thomas Müller could miss Champions League last 16 through suspension
Bayern Munich will have to wait until January 10 to discover the length of Thomas Muller's impending Champions League suspension.
Thomas Müller could be suspended for Bayern Munich's two Champions League last-16 matches for kicking Nicolas Tagliafico in the head during Wednesday's 3-3 draw with Ajax. The Germany international was shown a straight red card in the 75th minute when, attempting to control a high cross-field pass, his studs made contact with Tagliafico, leaving an open wound to the defender's head.
The 29-year-old may be dealt more than the manadatory one-match ban if UEFA deems the incident a serious offence at a hearing on 10 January.
Ajax centre-back Maximilian Wober also faces an anxious wait after he was dismissed for a rash challenge on Leon Goretzka eight minutes earlier. The entertaining draw in Amsterdam was enough for Bayern to advance as Group D winners, two points clear of the Eredivisie outfit.
Both clubs, along with Barcelona and Shakhtar Donetsk, will be subject to UEFA disciplinary proceedings and potential fines for a range of off-field indiscretions.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"