PSG's Rabiot agrees Barcelona deal, according to Le Parisien
The French newspaper claims that Paris Saint-Germain's Adrien Rabiot, who is out of contract in the summer, has a deal in place with Barça.
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot has agreed to join Barcelona on a free transfer in June, the French newspaper Le Parisien has reported.
Midfielder has told PSG he won't renew contract
Rabiot is out of contract at PSG at the end of the season and is refusing to sign an extension at the Parc des Princes, leading the Ligue 1 champions' sporting director, Antero Henrique, to declare he "will remain on the substitutes' bench indefinitely."
The 23-year-old is free to sign a pre-contract with another club from 1 January and, together with PSG colleague Marco Verratti, the much sought-after Frenchman is a player who has been on Barça's radar for some time.
Rabiot could even join Barcelona in January
Le Parisien also suggests that, with a view to strengthening Barça's options in the second half of the current campaign and allowing PSG to charge a transfer fee for the player, Rabiot could even arrive at the Camp Nou in the mid-season window.
PSG youth product Rabiot has made 20 appearances for the club this term, scoring twice and supplying two assists. After only making Didier Deschamps' reserve list for France's victorious World Cup campaign last summer, he has not been selected for Les Bleus since over his public criticism of the decision.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?