Berta: "Lucas told me he wants to stay at Atlético"
The sporting director of Atlético Madrid says Lucas Hernández told him he does not want to go to Bayern Munich and wants to stay at Atlético Madrid.
Andrea Berta, Atlético Madrid's sporting director, has spoken to Sport1 about the possibility of Lucas Hernández moving to Bayern Munich in January.
"I can't say anything about this, you have to ask Kalle (Rummenigge)," said Berta, who never makes statements about signings but in this case, he did and says Lucas Hernández does not want to leave the LaLiga club.
"Lucas has told me he wants to stay at Atlético," said Berta after rumours surfaced on Wednesday night that the left-back was a transfer target for the German club in January.
Atlético quickly released a statement and denied any deal to sell Lucas and said the relationship between the two clubs is respectful enough that this would not happen. "Atlético de Madrid wishes to state that, in conversation with our club, Lucas Hernandez has denied any deal with Bayern Munich and also any intention to exit our club," the statement read.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history