Berta: "Lucas told me he wants to stay at Atlético"
The sporting director of Atlético Madrid says Lucas Hernández told him he does not want to go to Bayern Munich and wants to stay at Atlético Madrid.
Andrea Berta, Atlético Madrid's sporting director, has spoken to Sport1 about the possibility of Lucas Hernández moving to Bayern Munich in January.
"I can't say anything about this, you have to ask Kalle (Rummenigge)," said Berta, who never makes statements about signings but in this case, he did and says Lucas Hernández does not want to leave the LaLiga club.
"Lucas has told me he wants to stay at Atlético," said Berta after rumours surfaced on Wednesday night that the left-back was a transfer target for the German club in January.
Atlético quickly released a statement and denied any deal to sell Lucas and said the relationship between the two clubs is respectful enough that this would not happen. "Atlético de Madrid wishes to state that, in conversation with our club, Lucas Hernandez has denied any deal with Bayern Munich and also any intention to exit our club," the statement read.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth