Real Madrid: Kroos ruled out with groin injury
Real Madrid have confirmed that Toni Kroos has suffered a groin injury that is set to see the German miss at least the next four matches.
Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari has been dealt another injury blow after the club confirmed that midfielder Toni Kroos has been sidelined by a groin problem.
"Following tests carried out on our player Toni Kroos today by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 tear of the adductor muscle in his left leg," Los Blancos said on Monday, in a statement that did not specify whether he picked up the issue in Sunday's surprise LaLiga defeat to Real Sociedad, or in training the following morning.
Kroos likely to be out for two to three weeks
Madrid also did not offer any details on how long Kroos is likely to be out of action, but medical sources consulted by AS say the German international can expect to be on the treatment table for two to three weeks.
This means that the 29-year-old will, at the very least, miss the LaLiga clashes with Real Betis (13 January) and Sevilla (19 January) and both legs of the Copa del Rey last-16 tie against Leganés (9 and 16 January).
Bale, Asensio, Llorente and Mariano already injured
Kroos joins a Real Madrid sick bay already occupied by Gareth Bale (calf), Marco Asensio (hamstring), Marcos Llorente (hamstring) and Mariano Díaz (sciatica).
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?