Real Madrid: Hazard valued at €112 million by Chelsea
According to reports in the UK, the Stamford Bridge board have slapped a valuation on the Belgian star as he ponders a new contract or a move.
Eden Hazard has played a pretty straight bat during prolonged speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid next summer, stating that he is an admirer of the European champions but really doesn’t know whether he will sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge or move to the Bernabéu next summer.
Chelsea have now decided to name their price for the Belgium star, according to UK broadsheet the Daily Telegraph. And that figure is 112 million euros. Hazard is out of contract in 2020 and so will have just a year remaining on his deal at the end of the season, when Madrid are expected to make their move for the 28-year-old having all-but ruled out a January inquiry for the midfielder.
Chelsea are eager to sort out Hazard’s future as quickly as possible, with Maurizio Sarri recently stating: “I am not the president, I don’t take care of matters in the transfer market; I’m the coach and I speak to him about what he does on the pitch, but we have to resolve the problem.”
Hazard remaining coy on summer Real Madrid move
The Stamford Bridge board made their own splash in the January market to pre-empt a search for a successor to the influential Belgian by lavishing 64 million euros on Borussia Dortmund midfielder Christian Pulisic, who will remain on loan at the Bundesliga leaders until the end of the season.
Meanwhile, Hazard remains as open about his future as he has been throughout the season so far. Speaking to Canal+ France last November, he said: “In January I’ll still have a year left on my contract. But if I don’t sign a new one, a transfer is possible. It’s a possibility next summer but then so is spending the rest of my career at Chelsea. I would like to a Chelsea legend like Lampard or Drogba. Scoring over 100 goals in this shirt means a lot to me. I want to score many more for this club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history