Solskjaer optimistic about De Gea and Martial new contracts
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping for some "good news" soon as Manchester United attempt to tie down several players to new contracts.
Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is optimistic that David de Gea and Anthony Martial will sign new contracts with the club. Goalkeeper De Gea and forward Martial are believed to have been in negotiations over long-term extensions for some weeks, with United having already activated options to extend their deals until the end of next season.
Mata, Herrera and Young could move on
Youngster Scott McTominay signed a new deal this week, but the likes of Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Ashley Young will see their contracts expire at the end of 2018-19 and there has yet to be any word of fresh terms for the experienced trio. However, Solskjaer believes there will be a positive update over the next few weeks.
"I think the club's making progress," he told a news conference. "But I leave that to the right people to do that. I don't really know how far we are [from agreements], I'm away from it, but hopefully we can have some good news in the coming weeks."
Arsenal on Friday
United take on Arsenal in the FA Cup fourth round at Emirates Stadium on Friday, with Solskjaer looking for an eighth win in a row since taking over from José Mourinho in December. Centre-back Eric Bailly could be involved against a team who reportedly are keen on signing him this month due to a mounting defensive injury crisis. Solskjaer, though, dismissed the rumours as mere speculation. "I'm not surprised if they do [want him], to put it that way, but that's just one of those things," he said. "There's always speculation and it's not a big surprise."
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...