Barcelona want Denis Suárez to renew or accept offers from Sevilla or Betis
El Larguero report Betis and Sevilla have offered 20 million for the player, who would prefer to join Arsenal on loan but Barça demand he must renew until 2021.
Denis Suárez is facing the possibility that he might not play again this season if he doesn't accept the conditions which Barcelona have placed on him to find a new club during the winter transfer window, according to El Larguero. The player was dropped from the squad list for last night's Copa del Rey quarter final first leg against Sevilla.
The best outcome as far as Barça are concerned, would be for the player to accept one of the two offers which have come in for him - from Sevilla and Betis. Both of the Seville-based clubs have tabled 20 million euros bids to buy the 25-year-old outright but it appears Suárez has other ideas.
Denis Suárez's heart set on joining Arsenal
Denis Suárez would prefer to join Arsenal on loan, but for that to happen, Barcelona say he must agree to extend his contract by a year. As it stands, the midfielder's contract with the azulgranas will run to 30 June 2020. If he doesn't accept any of the alternatives proposed by Barcelona he won't play again this season.
Denis Suárez has played just eight games, a total of 257 minutes on-field this season, scoring two goals and setting up another.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped