Sister of Australia forward Mabil killed in car crash
The sister of Australia forward Awer Mabil has been killed in a car crash in South Australia while her brother was with the national side in the United Arab Emirates for the Asian Cup.
Teenager Bor Mabil, the sister of Socceroos forward Awer Mabil, was killed in the early hours of Saturday morning when a car in which she was a passenger crashed in Adelaide.
The death strikes a family that had already endured plenty of hardship on their journey to Australia from South Sudan via the refugee camps of Kenya and puts considerable perspective on the loss of a football match.
"FFA extends its deepest sympathies to Awer, the Mabil family, and Bor’s friends, at this difficult time," Football Federation Australia (FFA) said in a statement.
"FFA is providing support to Awer, his teammates, and Socceroos staff in the United Arab Emirates."
FFA extends its deepest sympathies following the tragic passing of Bor Mabil, sister of Socceroos forward Awer Mabil. https://t.co/mQE3SYtpjz— Football Australia (@FFA) 26 January 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card