Sala's family reach €300,000 crowdfunding target for private search
Guernsey Police called off their search for Emiliano Sala on Thursday, but a crowdfunding target for a new operation has been reached.
Emiliano Sala's family have reached their €300,000 crowdfunding target in their bid to resume the search for the missing Cardiff City striker. On Thursday, Guernsey Police ceased looking for Sala, who was on board a Piper Malibu aircraft with pilot David Ibbotson when the plane went missing en route to the Welsh capital from Nantes on Monday.
Sala completed a transfer to Cardiff the weekend before and had been back in France bidding farewell to his colleagues at Nantes. Search and rescue efforts had spanned three days without a trace of the plane before the authorities opted to call a halt to their scanning of the area.
A GoFundMe page was created by non-profit organisation Sport Cover on Friday, with "its sole purpose" being to help continue the search for Sala and Ibbotson.
Mbappé, Rabiot and Payet make donation to Emiliano Sala cause
The pot surpassed the €300,000 mark on Sunday, with a donation of €30,010 from Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé helping it over the line. As of today, 321,434 euros have been donated.
Mbappé is not the only high-profile player to donate a substantial sum, as his PSG team-mate Adrien Rabiot contributed €25,000 on Saturday, while Marseille star Dimitri Payet pledged €10,000 later the same day.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?