Barcelona look to sign 19-year-old Brazilian Gabriel Novaes
The Catalan giants are planning to snap up the Sao Paulo player on loan for a year and a half with a purchase option.
19-year-old Sao Paulo striker Gabriel Novaes hasn’t played for his club’s first team, but was the highest scorer in the recently finished Sao Paulo Youth Cup 10 goals (won by Sao Paulo on penalties against Vasco de Gama), and the rising star is now very close to becoming a Barcelona player, with the Catalan club looking to sign the promising talent on loan for a year and a half for the Barça B team.
Barcelona may send Novaes on loan
However, the lengthy registration process demanded by the Spanish Federation for the Segunda B division in which Barcelona’s second team play may mean they will send the player out directly on loan to Nástic de Tarragona as soon as he puts pen to paper on his loan deal.
Novaes was travelling to Barcelona today, Wednesday. He has a contract with Sao Paulo through to 2022, but right now has no chance of getting into the first team, meaning he was delighted with the proposal from Sao Paulo and Barcelona to head to Europe to continue learning his trade there. Barcelona consider he could be a worthwhile investment, particularly given their disappointment at their main Brazilian target Rodrygo deciding to head to Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped