Anthony Martial agrees new Manchester United contract
The France international has ended speculation around his future after signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract at Old Trafford.
Manchester United have secured the services of Anthony Martial until June 2024 after the French attacker signed a new contract.
The five-and-a-half-year deal, which contains an option to extend the contract by a further year, comes amid a season that has seen Martial in excellent form.
He has scored eight goals from 13 Premier League starts, making a notable improvement after finding himself in and out of the side last term and the year before.
Friday's announcement highlights a vast improvement in things behind the scenes between United and Martial, as the winger was reported to have rejected a new contract in October.
United triggered a one-year extension in December to avoid the possibility of losing him on a free transfer at the end of the season, but his agent was "pessimistic" about finding a long-term agreement then.
It has been suggested the sacking of José Mourinho worked in United's favour in tying Martial down to a new contract, with the France international - still just 23 - now firmly committing his future to the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics